伊莉討論區

標題: 英文閲讀書籍介紹: The Girl in the Golden House [打印本頁]

作者: avontube    時間: 2012-3-3 11:01 PM     標題: 英文閲讀書籍介紹: The Girl in the Golden House

本帖最後由 avontube 於 2012-3-3 11:02 PM 編輯

A story about a young man named Chris Wong who is searching for the right girl to share his golden house with him. Chris Wong is brought up to believe that if he studies hard, he will find his golden house, and the right girl to share it with him (書中自有黃金屋,書中自有顏如玉) The characters are interwoven with the real story of the handover of Hong Kong in 1997; the characters are fictional, but the political events are real, as are the players involved in those events. The two court cases are based on real cases although the participants and the details are fictional.

[About the Author]

John B. Biggs (John Burville Biggs), born in Hobart,Tasmania in 1934, is an Australian educational psychologist and novelist.  After studying psychology at the Universityof Tasmania (BA, 1957), he moved tothe UK for doctoral studiesat the University of London (PhD, 1963). Hehas since held university faculty positions in Australia,Canada, UK, and Hong Kong.His final institutional affiliation is as Honorary Professor of Psychology atthe University of Hong Kong.  Since retiring from academic life, Biggs has published shortstories and four novels, The Girl in the Golden House (2003), Project Integrens(2006), Disguises (2007) and Tin Dragons (2008). [Wiki]

I found that this book is very interesting to read, especially for asian readers who know about the Chinese tranditions.  I would like to recommend it to you.

作者: loyalty1207    時間: 2012-3-6 04:45 PM

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: SonicBoom    時間: 2012-3-7 12:28 AM

那裡可以找到這本書
很少看到主角是華人的書
作者: avontube    時間: 2012-3-7 02:16 AM

SonicBoom 發表於 2012-3-7 12:28 AM
那裡可以找到這本書
很少看到主角是華人的書

You can get it from the Amazon.com, or try the second hand English bookshop.  Here is the web address:

http://www.amazon.com/Girl-Golde ... 31057550&sr=8-1

This book is kind of interesting. As it covers the main character, Chris' life story since very young till he is almost 40 years old.  He finally finds what he has been looking for.

作者: SonicBoom    時間: 2012-3-8 05:36 AM

avontube 發表於 2012-3-7 02:16 AM
You can get it from the Amazon.com, or try the second hand English bookshop.  Here is the web addr ...

I prefer if there is a free version in ebook format.
Or maybe I can check with my school library.
作者: ralphtw    時間: 2018-9-6 07:55 PM

謝謝版大的分享唷 ~!! 希望能一步一步邁進~~

歡迎光臨 伊莉討論區 (http://ww956w.eyny.com/) Powered by Discuz!